Trump Lawyer Who Urged Executing Pence Seeks GOP Chair
Reprinted with permission from American Independent
Lin Wood, the far-right, pro-Trump attorney who lost multiple lawsuits attempting to overturn the 2020 election, has announced he is running to be chair of the South Carolina Republican Party, the Post and Courier reported on Monday.
"My decision to run for the office was heavily influenced by my well known desire to reform local and state political parties and return power to the people," Wood told the paper. "Here, I want to return power and control of the South Carolina Republican Party to the members of the party."
Wood is now well-known for filing lie-filled legal challenges alleging voter fraud in the 2020 election, with zero evidence to back them up.
Back in November, a federal judge eviscerated Wood for a lawsuit he filed that sought to block certification of President Joe Biden's victory in Georgia, with the judge telling Wood that his suit had "no basis in fact or in law."
Wood's effort to steal the 2020 election has taken a toll on both his personal and professional life.
He is currently facing the possible loss of his law license in Georgia after he refused to undergo a mental health evaluation from the Georgia State Bar Association, which is looking into possible disciplinary action against Wood.
The Lawyers Club of Atlanta kicked Wood out of their club after Wood said in a January 1 tweet that Mike Pence should "face execution by firing squad."
"He is a coward and will sing like a bird and confess ALL," Wood said in the tweet, which has since been deleted, as Twitter permanently booted him from the platform for another tweet, which falsely stated that the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 was "staged" by antifa.
The social media outlet Parler — which has become the platform of choice for white supremacists who were either kicked off Twitter or are boycotting it — also removed a post from Wood in which he also called for Pence to be executed.
"Get the firing squads ready. Pence goes FIRST," Wood wrote the day after the Capitol riot that saw a pro-Trump mob attacking the Capitol as Congress attempted to certify Biden's victory.
In an ironic twist of fate, Wood is under investigation himself for possible voter fraud, after he said he voted in Georgia in the 2020 election in Georgia despite being a resident of South Carolina.
It's unclear what kind of chance Wood has in the race for South Carolina GOP chair.
Trump back in February endorsed Drew McKissick, the current state party chair.
If Wood wins, he would be part of a nationwide trend of Republican state parties being dominated by pro-Trump, right-wing conspiracy theorists.
The Arizona Republican Party, for example, is currently run by Kelli Ward — a far-right conspiracy theorist. With Ward at the helm, the Arizona GOP advocated to overturn Biden's victory in the state, using violent rhetoric back in December that asked supporters if they were "willing to give [their] life for this fight."
The chair of the Wyoming Republican Party, Frank Eathorne, advocated in January for his state to secede over Trump's loss.
Many of the Republican House and Senate members who voted to impeach or convict Trump for inciting the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol have been censured by their state Republican parties. Eathorne even seemed to advocate for getting rid of one of its own members, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY). because she voted to impeach Trump and believes the GOP should move on from the twice-impeached former leader.
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- QAnon Grifters Ron And Jim Watkins Exploit Election Conspiracies ... ›
- Saner Republicans Backing Away From Lin Wood After Deranged ... ›
- Trumpist Lawyer Lin Wood Accused Of Violent, Delusional Behavior ... ›
- With Blood On His Hands, Bannon Loses YouTube Account ... ›
- Parler Is The New Gab — A Far-Right Hive Of Scum And Villainy ... ›
- MyPillow Guy Is Kingpin Of Disinformation On Election and Virus ... ›
- Why Republicans Must Confess Complicity In Trump's Big Lie ... ›
- Dominion Sues Giuliani For Over $1.3 Billion To Punish His 'Big Lie ... ›
- Florida Man Confesses To Planning Capitol Breach On January 6 - National Memo ›
- The Big Lie That Makes Vladimir Putin Smile - National Memo ›
- Danziger Draws - National Memo ›
- Pence Stuns Crowd With Remarks On Insurrection - National Memo ›
- Trump Voices Support For Rioters Who Screamed 'Hang Mike Pence' - National Memo ›
- A Year Later, Timeline Shows Trump Always Knew His Fraud Claim Is A 'Big Lie' - National Memo ›
- Trump attorney Lin Wood to challenge chairman to run SC GOP ... ›
- Pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood under investigation for possible voter ... ›
- Pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood puts license in jeopardy by refusing ... ›
- Pro-Trump Attorney Lin Wood Kicked Out Of Private Lawyers' Club ›
- Lin Wood Will Represent Sidney Powell In Dominion Defamation Case ›
- Pro-Trump Attorney Lin Wood Faces Illegal Voting Investigation : NPR ›
- Pro-Trump Lawyer Lin Wood Is the New King of QAnon ›
- Pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood running for SC GOP chairman against ... ›
- Trump lawyer Lin Wood to run for South Carolina GOP chair | TheHill ›