WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The top Republican in the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday withdrew his five nominees to serve on the special committee probing the deadly January 6 attack on the Capitol after Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected two of them. Pelosi had earlier rejected Representatives Jim Jordan and Jim Banks, staunch defenders of former President Donald Trump, from serving on the panel investigating the Trump supporters who assaulted Congress in an attempt to stop it from certifying President Joe Biden's election. "With respect for the integrity of the investigation, w...
- Republicans Want No Independent Probe Of Jan. 6 Insurrection ... ›
- McCarthy Selects Five Republicans For Jan. 6 Panel (Including Gym ... ›
- House Freedom Caucus Mounts Doomed Bid To Remove Pelosi ›
- The Sedition Caucus, Under Oath - National Memo ›
- House Select Panel Subpoenas Five Republicans, Including McCarthy - National Memo ›