Reprinted with permission from Alternet
The bipartisan House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack issued subpoenas to four of Donald Trump's closest deputies Thursday night, ordering them to produce documents and appear for depositions.
The four are Steve Bannon, Mark Meadows, Kash Patel, and Dan Scavino.
"Stephen Bannon," Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-MS) writes on the committee's official website, "reportedly communicated with former President Trump on December 30th, 2020, urging him to focus his efforts on January 6th. Mr. Bannon also reportedly attended a gathering at the Willard Hotel on January 5th, 2021, as part of an effort to persuade Members of Congress to block the certification of the election the next day. Mr. Bannon is also quoted as stating, on January 5th, that '[a]ll Hell is going to break loose tomorrow.'"
In his letter to Bannon, Chairman Thompson writes, the "inquiry includes examination of how various individuals and entities coordinated their activities leading up to the events of January 6, 2021."
Below is the letter from Chairman Thompson to Bannon, via NBC4 Washington Investigative Reporter Scott MacFarlane:
- Steve Bannon's Intellectual Influences Are Mostly Fascists And ... ›
- Ex-Trump Staffer To Lead Protest Against Prosecution Of Capitol ... ›
- Have Trump Republicans Lost Control Of Their Paramilitary Thugs ... ›
- Bannon Says QAnon Is “FBI Psyop” After Embracing Cult In October ... ›
- Why January 6 Panel Wants To Haul In Mark Meadows - National Memo ›
- Exposure Of Trump’s Coup Attempt Reveals Bannon As Central Figure - National Memo ›
- Congress Ready To Issue Criminal Referrals On Trumpsters Who Evade Jan. 6 Subpoenas - National Memo ›
- Tell The Truth About The Coup Or Go To Jail - National Memo ›
- Insurrectionist in Chief | The New Republic ›
- The January 6 Investigation Names Names: Bannon, Meadows ›
- Longtime Trump advisers connected to groups behind rally that led ... ›
- Jan. 6 Committee Issues Subpoenas to Four Former Trump Officials ... ›
- Steve Bannon Confirms His Involvement in January 6 Insurrection ... ›
- Subpoenas Issued By Jan. 6 Panel For Meadows, Bannon, Scavino ... ›
- Steve Bannon was knee-deep in January 6 - CNNPolitics ›