'Denied': Supreme Court Rejects Trump Plea To Hide His Taxes
The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday afternoon rejected a request from Donald Trump, asking that it block a lower court ruling ordering that six years of the former president’s tax returns be given to the powerful House Ways and Means Committee.
Trump has been battling the committee over his tax returns for three years.
The order says Chief Justice John Roberts referred Trump’s request to the full Court. It does not say whether any justices agreed with Trump.
“The application for stay of the mandate presented to The Chief Justice and by him referred to the Court is denied. The order heretofore entered by The Chief Justice is vacated,” the ruling reads.
But Democrats need to move quickly.
“The decision by the court in a brief order noting no dissenting votes means the committee can try to access the documents ahead of the Republican take-over of the House in January,” NBC News notes. “The committee, however, has not said how quickly it expects to get the documents. Upon taking control, Republicans are expected to withdraw the request.”
Reprinted with permission from Alternet.
- Tucker Carlson's Inflammatory IRS Lies Were Debunked By Fox News Reporter (VIDEO) ›
- Bombshell: NY Times Got Trump Tax Returns — And He Paid Almost Nothing ›
- Treasury Delivers Trump Tax Returns To Congressional Committee - National Memo ›
- Can The Supreme Court's Ratings Sink Lower? They Just Did - National Memo ›
- Supreme Court Allows House Democrats to Obtain Trump's Tax ... ›
- 5 reasons Donald Trump really doesn't want his tax returns released ... ›
- Supreme Court Rejects Trump, Clears Release of Jan. 6 Papers (3) ›
- Supreme court rejects Trump's request to block access to January 6 ... ›
- Supreme Court rejects Trump election challenge cases | AP News ›
- Supreme Court rejects Trump request to shield release of records to ... ›
- Trump loses Supreme Court appeal to shield tax records from NY ... ›
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects Trump request over seized documents ... ›
- Supreme Court rejects Trump request to block release of records to ... ›
- Supreme Court Denies Trump's Bid to Conceal Taxes and Financial ... ›