Ivanka Will Attend Biden Inaugural In Bid To ’Save Her Political Career’
Reprinted with permission from Alternet
The Internet is unleashing mockery after Ivanka Trump let it be known she plans to attend the presidential inauguration of Joe Biden. At any other point in U.S. history it would not even have been news, but rather, an assumption and expectation that the First Daughter and advisor to the outgoing president would attend the event, but these are strange times.
The eldest Trump daughter isn't planning on attending for patriotic reasons, nor for a chance to witness history first hand, nor to support the incoming administration.
Ivanka is worried that her promising political career is in jeopardy and she's doing whatever she can to save her reputation," according to the Daily Mail, citing a White House insider who says, "Ivanka is convinced that by attending Biden's inauguration she will come across as a good sport and will gain future supporters."
President Donald Trump, who will most likely be impeached once again this week, made clear he would not be attending Biden's inauguration in one of his final tweets ever, last week. And the lame duck President reportedly is "up in arms about Ivanka's decision, calling it the 'worst decision she could ever make.'"
It may all just be for show. Given the coronavirus pandemic, the Biden transition and inaugural teams have drastically reduced the number of tickets available.
Members of the House and Senate on average, for example, each used to get about 375 tickets on average to hand out to their constituents and staff – a total of 200,000 for all of Congress. For Joe Biden's inauguration, each lawmaker will get only two, one for them and one for a guest.
Social media users were quick to call out Ivanka Trump.
Hard to attend when you aren't even invited https://t.co/2GfTFsxQcX— Adam Blickstein (@Adam Blickstein) 1610405567.0
In what capacity is Ivanka invited to Joe Biden's inauguration? Will she just be standing out on the mall? https://t.co/xOlYcdI6bv— Tim Miller (@Tim Miller) 1610405565.0
Ivanka attempting to attend Joe Biden's inauguration https://t.co/xYxlOBbDFh— Adam Blickstein (@Adam Blickstein) 1610405859.0
Who else remembers Crimestress Ivanka labeling the MAGA terrorists who attacked the US Capitol as a bunch of “Patriots?” I do. ✋— Ricky Davila (@Ricky Davila) 1610406263.0
@MollyJongFast Ivanka has a promising political career in the same way that I have a promising future in Olympic wrestling.— The Return of the Cactus Pupper (@The Return of the Cactus Pupper) 1610405580.0
Ivanka, who called the rioters "American patriots" reportedly plans to attend the Inauguration, leading to the ques… https://t.co/p9o82bDdBZ— Paul Rudnick (@Paul Rudnick) 1610405230.0
Dear @IvankaTrump Please do not attend the inauguration. Thank you, The Americans 🇺🇸 https://t.co/zK1bVXckj7— ☇RiotWomenn☇ (@☇RiotWomenn☇) 1610404097.0
Ivanka is a wired terrorist in high heels and has been a willing participant in every ounce of all the fuckery in t… https://t.co/noQIVDBMC9— Nancy Lee Grahn (@Nancy Lee Grahn) 1610405609.0
- Report: Federal Prosecutors Are Zeroing In On Trump's Inaugural ... ›
- Emails Show Ivanka Helped Her Family Profit From Trump's ... ›
- Ivanka Whines About Inaugural Committee Probe — And Prosecutor ... ›
- New Lawsuit Says Trumps Oversaw Inaugural Overbilling - National ... ›
- Trump Faces Calls For Immediate Impeachment Following Capitol ... ›
- 'The Day That Broke The GOP': Republicans Abandon Trump In ... ›
- Is Trump Scheming To Upstage Biden's Inauguration? - National ... ›
- Trump Schemes To Launch 2024 Campaign At Biden's Inauguration ... ›
- Ivanka Reported In 'Extremely Frantic Damage Control Mode ... ›
- QAnon Congresswoman Says She Will ‘Impeach Biden’ - National Memo ›
- Biden's Speech Confronts Capitol Riot And Calls For End To ‘Uncivil War’ - National Memo ›
- As Biden Takes Office, QAnon Cultists Struggle With New Reality - National Memo ›
- Ivanka And Jared Lead Trumpsters In New 'Policy Institute' Grift - National Memo ›