A Peek Behind Boebert's Hilarious Sock Puppet Screwup
Reprinted with permission from Daily Kos
It's always nice to have someone who agrees with you on every point. Someone who will take up your battles for you. And maybe someone who will like or retweet those really weird statements that were maybe just a bit to embarrassing to put your name beside. For Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert, that person is Freedom Fighter aka @freedom53597835 aka Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert.
Boebert isn't the first Republican to be caught sockpuppeting to make her opinions seem more popular, to take secret jabs at enemies, or do whatever Boebert is doing when retweeting these posts. Not by a long shot. But there is something particularly interesting about finding out that this Republican has sockpuppet tendencies.
So, Lauren Boebert set up what's clearly a throwaway sockpuppet account to boost her own posts, retweet some decidedly odd comments about men, and to follow Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (oh yes, Freedom Fighter follows AOC). But mostly what Boebert's sockpuppet points out is that there's a mystery out there that needs to be solved — and it's all about a date.
Boebert's sockpuppetry was discovered by comedy writer Toby Morton in a way that's almost as hilarious as Morton's work on South Park. In a solid Karen moment, Boebert came to chase Morton away when he was filming a bit at a location that Boebert felt was too close to her Colorado bar. During this encounter, Boebert used her phone to video Morton. But where did that video actually pop out at a time when Boebert wanted to shore up her position in an argument with Morton? From @freedom53597835.
At the moment, Boebert is still feeding posts into the burner account in a hilario-pathetic effort to prove that it's so, so not her burner account. But, as the activists at Meidas Touch point out, the discovery of this account from Boebert only fires the starting gun for the real search—her other accounts. In particular, the Freedom Fighter account was created in February, meaning that it was created after the events of January 6 and after Boebert was aware that she had been accused of leading insurgents on tours of the Capitol that were designed to show them how to subvert the building's security.
So the question is not just: How many other such accounts does Boebert have, but what accounts did she have before January 6? Also, since Boebert has already tweeted to say "if this was really Lauren's burner account don't you think it would have a lot more tweets?" that opens the question of how many tweets on this account, and others, Boebert has deleted.
But it is nice to know she's on a first name basis with herself.
- Boebert Joins Greene's Anti-Vax Campaign With Insulting 'Nazi ... ›
- Panicked Boebert Deletes Tweet On Delta Variant, But Too Late ... ›
- Boebert Suggests Her Election Was Divinely Ordained - National ... ›
- To McCarthy, QAnon Backers Prove House GOP Is 'Diverse ... ›
- Hilarious Smackdown As Boebert And Greene Clash Over McCarthy's Speaker Bid - National Memo ›
- Lauren Boebert created her personal sockpuppet to love her tweets ... ›
- Where Voters Are Losing Patience With Lauren Boebert - POLITICO ›
- Rep. Lauren Boebert Remains Defiant In Face Of Calls To Resign ... ›
- Opinion | Lauren Boebert, lost in a cacophony of crazy - The ... ›
- Rep. Lauren Boebert declares she will carry Glock in Congress and ... ›