Reprinted with permission from Alternet
In an apparent fundraising message Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) is accusing the "Democrat mob" and the "vicious cancel culture mob" of "trying to take me out," a highly-charged and some would say violence-tinged phrase given her repeated calls for the execution of top Democrats and her devotion to guns.
"Since launching your smear campaign attacks on me, nearly 60,000 America First Patriots from all 50 states have reached out with messages of support and have poured over $1.6 million in small donations into my campaign account," the conspiracy theorist who has repeatedly called for the execution of Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in the message, posted to Twitter, which likely will be sent to her supporters via email.
The message is drenched in Trumpisms, like "America First Patriots," "Fake News Media," and the false claim that "75 million people" voted for Trump.
She also says "President Trump taught us how to defend America First values," and there are "More MAGA reinforcements on the way." She does not specify what that means, some might see that as a thinly-veiled threat of violence after the deadly January 6 insurrection.
It closes, "Save America! Stop Socialism! Defeat the Democrats! Let's make America Great Again!"
At no point does she deny any of the reports on her actions or statements, but she also doesn't defend them. In short, there is no truth in her message, just like the former president's messages.
Rep. Greene posted the message to Twitter, and in a separate tweet posted a number to text donations to.
Twitter quickly blocked the ability of her tweet to show up in search results. David Hogg, who she viciously harassed on the streets of Washington, D.C., weighed in:
Others responded as well:
@mtgreenee You spelled “I resign” wrong.— Andrew Weinstein (@Andrew Weinstein)1611955350.0
@mtgreenee ma'am do you still believe hillary clinton ate a baby and wore the skin as a mask, ma'am— Andrew Lawrence (@Andrew Lawrence)1611955571.0
The Republican congresswoman from Georgia, in a rambling statement, just declared, "I am one of you." Her constitu… https://t.co/bJeoqR6TyC— Kyle Griffin (@Kyle Griffin)1611955506.0
I lied. I have something to say at 4:15. You're a disgrace and inciting more violence. https://t.co/sdVM0VAEUP— Laffy (@Laffy)1611954983.0
Really @jack? @twitter has been such a nice place without insurrectionists inciting violence and hate. Time to sen… https://t.co/CfhC4gscM3— MazeHaze (@MazeHaze)1611955554.0
- Major Jewish Groups 'Offended And Appalled' By Rep. Greene's Anti ... ›
- Top Republicans Backed Racist QAnon Candidate Greene In ... ›
- WATCH: Video Surfaces Of Rep. Greene Harassing Parkland ... ›
- QAnon Rep. Greene Endorsed Murder Of Pelosi On Facebook ... ›
- GOP QAnon Candidate Tries To Mock AOC On Twitter — And ... ›
- House Democrat Will Introduce Bill To Expel QAnon Rep. Greene ... ›
- Rep. Greene Claimed Parkland School Shooting Was 'False Flag ... ›
- Georgia GOP Nominee Greene Circulated Anti-Semitic Conspiracy ... ›
- QAnon's Rep. Greene Endorsed 9/11 And School Shooting ... ›
- WATCH: Notorious Racist Praises Rep. Greene In Jan. 7 Interview - National Memo ›
- House Democrats Prepare To Boot Rep. Greene From Committees - National Memo ›
- Here’s The Definitive Guide To Rep. Greene’s Crackpot Conspiracies And Toxic Blab - National Memo ›
- House Republicans Don’t Mind Racist Insanity — But They Fear Swing Voters - National Memo ›
- House Pulls Greene Off Committees After Her Brazenly Dishonest Floor Speech - National Memo ›
- On Viral Video Recorded Jan. 5, Rep. Greene Says ‘Get Ready To Fight For America Tomorrow’ - National Memo ›
- MyPillow Guy Is Kingpin Of Disinformation On Election and Virus - National Memo ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene removes social media posts amid scrutiny of ... ›
- How the “QAnon Candidate” Marjorie Taylor Greene Reached the ... ›
- QAnon promoter Marjorie Taylor Greene wins seat in Congress ... ›
- QAnon Supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene Is Headed to Congress ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene indicated support for executing prominent ... ›
- House Republican leaders condemn GOP candidate who made ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene: QAnon Supporter Who Made Bigoted ... ›