Watch This Hilarious Supercut Of Fox Pundits Predicting Midterm 'Red Wave'
The 2022 midterms may be remembered as the worst humiliation that Fox News has suffered since 2012, when pundits at the right-wing cable news channel spent weeks insisting that then-President Barack Obama would be voted out of office — only for Obama to win a decisive reelection victory. GOP strategist Karl Rove, during an Election Night 2012 appearance on Fox News, was described by critics as looking like a deer caught in the headlights when then-Fox host Megyn Kelly informed him that Obama had won Ohio and been reelected — and now, Fox News is being mocked unmercifully for getting the 2022 midterms so wrong.
A video released after the midterms shows one Fox News pundit after another predicting that 2022 would bring a massive “red wave,” but that red wave didn’t materialize. Although control of Congress was still up in the air as of Friday morning, November 11, Democrats performed much better than expected — flipping a U.S. Senate seat in Pennsylvania and winning gubernatorial races not only in Pennsylvania, but also, in Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, Maryland, and many other states.
The video shows everyone at Fox News from Laura Ingraham to Greg Gutfeld to Maria Bartiromo to Sean Hannity stridently predicting that a major “red wave” would strike on November 8. Especially embarrassing for Fox News is a clip of Marc Thiessen saying, “It is going to be a red wave? Is it going to be red tsunami? I think it’s going to be a red hurricane” — the same Marc Thiessen who, after a lot of election results came in, acknowledged how badly the GOP had underperformed and called for serious “introspection” for his party. Thiessen even called the election results an “absolute disaster” for the GOP.
There was also talk of a “red wave” on MSNBC and CNN before November 8, but they were much more cautious, nuanced and analytical — noting how close many of the polls were and stressing that turnout would be key. MSNBC and CNN offered a lot of detailed analysis; Fox News and Fox Business offered a lot of Republican National Committee (RNC) talking points and cheer-leading for the GOP.
Watch the video below or at this link:
\u201cNew @PostVideo mashup:\n\nHow Fox News hyped a "red wave" for weeks leading up to the midterms\u201d— JM Rieger (@JM Rieger) 1668122260
Reprinted with permission from Alternet.
- Yes, Fox News Lost The 2022 Midterms -- But By How Much? ›
- Knives Are Out In Republican Caucus For Would-Be Speaker McCarthy ›
- Democrats Shatter Midterm Forecasts With Victories Across Country ›
- This Time, Let's Honor The True Heroes For Saving Democracy ›
- No 'Red Wave' As Democrats Defy Polls In Struggle For Control Of Congress ›
- Senate GOP's Last-Minute Spending Indicates No 'Red Wave' ›
- Tucker Carlson's Embarrassing Arizona Face-Plant - National Memo ›
- Tucker Carlson Accuses Pete Buttigieg Of Lying About His Sexuality - National Memo ›
- Having A Laugh At Walker's Big Promoters, Sean Hannity And Lindsay Graham - National Memo ›
- Democrats, on Defense in Blue States, Brace for a Red Wave in the ... ›
- The 598 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on ... ›
- Brian Williams Mocks Angry Anti-Masker Rants: 'Perhaps You ... ›
- Everything 'Scandal' Has Used to Hide Kerry Washington's Baby ... ›
- Dr Drew Supercut Downplaying COVID-19 Gets YouTube Copyright ... ›
- Dan Bongino and the Big Business of Returning Trump to Power ... ›
- Press Coverage of the Refugee and Migrant Crisis in the EU: A ... ›