Banned From Facebook, 'Former Guy' Will Return Via Lara Trump’s Pages
Reprinted with permission from Media Matters
The Right Viewbegan as a Trump campaign product, but it has continued in recent weeks with videos that have been uploaded to Lara Trump's Facebook page, YouTube, and a Rumble page with her name. (The Rumble videos are embedded on the show's own website, where these social media accounts are linked from.)
Former President Trump is still suspended from Facebook after inciting the January 6 attack on the Capitol building, while the platform's Oversight Board contemplates recommending letting him back on the platform.
A thorough Media Matters review of over 6,000 of Trump's Facebook posts found that more than a quarter of them contained COVID-19 misinformation, election lies, or extreme rhetoric about Trump critics. The former president has continued spreading these lies in recentinterviews.
Facebook's refusal to draw clear lines in enforcing its own policies is at the core of this mess -- it's no coincidence that Lara Trump broke the news on Facebook-owned Instagram.
- MyPillow Guy Is Kingpin Of Disinformation On Election and Virus ... ›
- How Trump Won Florida With False Advertising And Fake News ... ›
- Anti-Vaccine Network Pushes Pandemic Conspiracies And Lies On ... ›
- Facebook Confirms Russia Is Intervening In 2020 Election - National ... ›
- Zuckerberg Denies Facebook's Central Role In Spurring Capitol Riot ... ›
- Caught Profiting From Canine Charity, Trump Lies About White ... ›
- QAnon Supporters 'Beg' For A Trump Dictatorship On Twitter ... ›
- Graham Heads To Mar-A-Lago For 'Peace' Talk With Trump ... ›
- 'Save America PAC' Is A Scam That Will Pay Trump Millions ... ›
- Corporate PACs Resume Giving To GOP Insurrectionists - National Memo ›
- Does Lara Trump Belong In Jail? Twitter Says Yes - National Memo ›
- Referring Former President Trump's Suspension From Facebook to ... ›
- Trump Covid post deleted by Facebook and hidden by Twitter - BBC ... ›
- Facebook's Oversight Board already 'a bit frustrated' — and it hasn't ... ›
- Trump Wants Back on Facebook. This Star-Studded Jury Might Let ... ›
- Trump appeals Facebook and Instagram ban to Facebook Oversight ... ›
- Trump now has a "real news" program on his Facebook, hosted by ... ›
- Lara Trump, Trump's Daughter-In-Law, Hosts 'Real News' Facebook ... ›