QAnon is roiling social media, again -- but this time it's not merely conspiracy theory,. QAnon is promoting a social media campaign that undermines freedom, democracy, and everything else that Americans hold dear.
According to NBC News, influencers in the QAnon community are begging for a Trump dictatorship, urging the soon to be ex-president to #crosstherubicon.
The hashtag, which is spreading like wildfire throughout the far-right QAnon community, refers to Roman Empire dictator Julius Caesar and his army crossing of the Rubicon River, which initiated a civil war and led to his dictatorship.
Already #crosstherubicon has made it up the chain of GOP leaders, the biggest being Arizona GOP Chairwoman Kelly Ward, NBC noted.
"We are working every avenue to stop this coup & to stop our Republic from crumbling," she tweeted. "Patriots are united. Those who are against us are exposing themselves. #Liberty & #freedom are on the line. #CrossTheRubicon @GenFlynn"
In the comment section of her absolutely ludicrous statement, many Twitter users called out the irony of using words like "liberty" or "freedom" when referring to a Trump dictatorship.
Mr. President @realDonaldTrump - we are with you in #Arizona. We are working every avenue to stop this coup & to st… https://t.co/CP7RNETBdk— Dr. Kelli Ward 🇺🇸 (@Dr. Kelli Ward 🇺🇸)1608429214.0
Some of the more outlandish uses of the hashtag came from one user, @saltycracker9, who seemed to be comparing Trump overthrowing our democracy to American independence from the British by using the #crosstherubicon with an edited picture meant to resemble one of the most famous paintings of George Washington.
History has a weird way of repeating itself! #CrossTheRubicon https://t.co/xj9xV0vDNg— Salty Cracker (@Salty Cracker)1608354138.0
The emergence of the absurd hashtag comes as Trump's days in office are quickly dwindling, and he ramps up his attempts of doing as much damage in the final days of his presidency as possible.
Last night Sen. Amy Klobuchar went on Maddow, saying: "(Trump) is literally trying to burn this country down on his way out."
Trump 'Trying To Burn This Country Down On His Way Out': Klobuchar | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC www.youtube.com
- 'It's Nuts': GOP Rep.Kinzinger Blasts Flynn's Demand For Martial Law ›
- Who's Really Behind QAnon — And Why The Cult Grows Even As Its ... ›
- QAnon Cultist Tied To White Nationalists Wins GOP Senate Nod In ... ›
- Secession And Martial Law Obsess Right-Wing Media Outlets ... ›
- Lara Trump Promotes Video By QAnon Conspiracist - National Memo ›
- Get Ready For QAnon Conspiracists Elected To Congress - National ... ›
- GOP's 'QAnon' Conspiracy Followers Running For Congress ... ›
- GOP QAnon Candidate Tries To Mock AOC On Twitter — And ... ›
- Trump And Allies Enraged As Social Media Ban Expands - National Memo ›
- QAnon Cultists And Far-Right Sites Praise Myanmar Military Coup - National Memo ›
- GOP Attempt To Discredit AOC’s Account Of Jan. 6 Backfires (She Has Receipts) - National Memo ›
- #EndorseThis: With Millions Watching, Republicans Whine About Being 'Silenced' - National Memo ›
- Twitter To Trump: You Are Banned Forever, No Matter What - National Memo ›
- How Dumb Are QAnon Believers? Thousands Fell For This New Scam - National Memo ›
- Banned From Facebook, 'Former Guy' Will Return Via Lara Trump’s Pages - National Memo ›
- As Trump meets with QAnon influencers, the conspiracy's adherents ... ›
- Scott O'Grady: Trump Pentagon nominee spreads debunked ... ›
- QAnon sees Trump text alert test as signaling the coming of martial law ›
- QAnon Believes the Trump Prophecies Are Almost Here ›
- YouTube follows Twitter and Facebook with QAnon crackdown ›
- Twitter bans 7,000 QAnon accounts, limits 150,000 others as part of ... ›
- QAnon accounts make a dent in voting discussion on Twitter ›