Reprinted with permission from Alternet
House Democrats are moving forward with plans to impeach President Donald Trump, and will begin the official process Monday, NBC News reports. Several Democratic Members of Congress have circulated different sets of Articles of Impeachment but as of Friday afternoon the draft that appears to be supported by leadership consists of just one article: "Incitement of Insurrection."
The four-page article, which is to be presented before the full House on Monday, says Trump "will remain a threat to national security, democracy, and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office, and has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law."
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez confirmed, "Congress will now be introducing articles of impeachment on Monday."
CNN's Manu Raju has posted the full text, which was drafted by Reps. David Cicilline, Ted Lieu, and Jamie Raskin.
Latest draft of the articles of impeachment that will be formally introduced on Monday includes one article: “incit… https://t.co/0fJaMmbvlE— Manu Raju (@Manu Raju)1610136980.0
Five hours ago Congressman Lieu said there were already 130 co-sponsors.
The Articles of Impeachment, drafted by Rep @davidcicilline, @RepRaskin and me now has 130 cosponsors. We specifica… https://t.co/DGZvC8vnON— Ted Lieu (@Ted Lieu)1610123125.0
- Second Trump Impeachment Looms As Democrats Demand Action ... ›
- Trump Faces Calls For Immediate Impeachment Following Capitol ... ›
- Trump Impeached Jigsaw Puzzle ›
- McConnell Believes Trump Committed Impeachable Acts — And Aims To 'Purge' Him - National Memo ›
- GOP Leader Cheney Blasts Trump — And Will Vote To Impeach Him - National Memo ›
- Trump Warns Against Impeachment, Issues Vague Threat To Biden - National Memo ›
- Why Republicans Must Confess Complicity In Trump’s Big Lie - National Memo ›
- Trump Lawyer: ’There Was No Insurrection’ So He’s Innocent - National Memo ›
- Trump Gang Tries To Punish Rep. Cheney For Impeachment — And Fails - National Memo ›