Reprinted with permission from American Independent
Donald Trump on Tuesday threatened that efforts to invoke the 25th Amendment "will come back to haunt Joe Biden" and claimed the movement to impeach him "is very dangerous" for America.
"The 25th Amendment is of zero risk to me but will come back to haunt Joe Biden and the Biden administration," Trump said in remarks delivered in Alamo, Texas.
"The impeachment hoax is a continuation of the greatest and most vicious witch hunt in the history of our country, and is causing tremendous anger and division and pain, far greater than most people will ever understand, which is very dangerous for the U.S.A."
The comments follow Trump's statement earlier in the day, when he said his call for supporters to flood the Capitol at a rally Wednesday morning was "totally appropriate," despite the death and destruction that followed.
Democratic leaders, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, and other lawmakers, have called on Vice President Mike Pence and the Trump Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office.
The House of Representatives is set to vote this week on an impeachment resolution citing Trump's decision to incite the riot.
From a Jan. 21 speech:
DONALD TRUMP: Before we begin, I'd like to say that free speech is under assault like never before. The 25th Amendment is of zero risk to me but will come back to haunt Joe Biden and the Biden administration.
As the expression goes, be careful what you wish for.
The impeachment hoax is a continuation of the greatest and most vicious witch hunt in the history of our country, and is causing tremendous anger and division and pain, far greater than most people will ever understand, which is very dangerous for the U.S.A., especially at this very tender time.
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- 'Totally Appropriate': Trump Insists Speech Inciting Capitol Riot Was ... ›
- Can Mike Pence Save The Country From Trump? - National Memo ›
- Is The 25th Amendment A Solution To Trump Madness? - National ... ›
- CBS: Cabinet Members Discuss Trump's Removal Via 25th ... ›
- Second Trump Impeachment Looms As Democrats Demand Action ... ›
- 'Incitement Of Insurrection': Read Draft Resolution To Impeach ... ›
- Pence Refuses To Oust Trump Using 25th Amendment ›
- #EndorseThis: Kimmel Smacks Trump Down Hard On Second Impeachment - National Memo ›
- QAnon Congresswoman Says She Will ‘Impeach Biden’ - National Memo ›
- 'Bad To Worse': Hawley's 'Craven' Servility To Trump Is Doing Him No Good - National Memo ›
- Healing Will Come — After The Cancer Of Trump Is Removed - National Memo ›