#EndorseThis: The Joke Is On GOP Sen. Cornyn, But He Doesn't Get It
Either the Senate GOP is grasping at straws or they really are this stupid.
During the confirmation of Justice Department civil rights division nominee Kristen Clarke, Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) attempted to grill her by dredging up an op-ed she wrote in college about the racist book The Bell Curve. She opened the piece with a satirical statement that African Americans are genetically superior to Caucasians-- clearly referring to the absurdity of the book.
"This was satire?" Sen. Cornyn doltishly asked.
Duh! Watch him flounder -- it's too funny.
This GOP senator completely missed the satire in DOJ nominee Kristen Clarke's op-ed piece she wrote in college to c… https://t.co/HEtxAC0xMI— NowThis (@NowThis) 1618587180
- #EndorseThis: Seth Meyers Smirks As Gaetz 'Snubbed' By His 'Idol ... ›
- #EndorseThis: Colbert Says This Senator Embodies America's 'Idiot ... ›
- Covering Tanden Drama, Press Plays Dumb On Sexism (And ... ›
- Lying About Garland, Cruz Gets Publicly Rebuked By Senate ... ›
- Texas Republican's Complaint: Biden Doesn't Tweet Enough ... ›
- Smearing An Eminently Qualified Black Woman Is Business As Usual - National Memo ›