Either the Senate GOP is grasping at straws or they really are this stupid.
During the confirmation of Justice Department civil rights division nominee Kristen Clarke, Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) attempted to grill her by dredging up an op-ed she wrote in college about the racist book The Bell Curve. She opened the piece with a satirical statement that African Americans are genetically superior to Caucasians-- clearly referring to the absurdity of the book.
"This was satire?" Sen. Cornyn doltishly asked.
Duh! Watch him flounder -- it's too funny.
This GOP senator completely missed the satire in DOJ nominee Kristen Clarke's op-ed piece she wrote in college to c… https://t.co/HEtxAC0xMI— NowThis (@NowThis) 1618587180
- #EndorseThis: Seth Meyers Smirks As Gaetz 'Snubbed' By His 'Idol ... ›
- #EndorseThis: Colbert Says This Senator Embodies America's 'Idiot ... ›
- Covering Tanden Drama, Press Plays Dumb On Sexism (And ... ›
- Lying About Garland, Cruz Gets Publicly Rebuked By Senate ... ›
- Texas Republican's Complaint: Biden Doesn't Tweet Enough ... ›
- Smearing An Eminently Qualified Black Woman Is Business As Usual - National Memo ›