Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Green "aggressively confronted" Ocasio-Cortez, The Washington Post reports, "and falsely accused her of supporting 'terrorists,' leading the New York congresswoman's office to call on leadership to ensure that Congress remains 'a safe, civil place for all Members and staff.'"
What unfolded is reminiscent of Greene's disturbing stalking of David Hogg, when she trailed and ran after the young gun control activist shouting at him and even saying she carries a gun.
"Two Washington Post reporters witnessed Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) exit the House chamber late Wednesday afternoon ahead of Greene (R-GA), who shouted 'Hey Alexandria' twice in an effort to get her attention," the Post reports. "When Ocasio-Cortez did not stop walking, Greene picked up her pace and began shouting at her and asking why she supports antifa, a loosely knit group of far-left activists, and Black Lives Matter, falsely labeling them 'terrorist' groups. Greene also shouted that Ocasio-Cortez was failing to defend her 'radical socialist' beliefs by declining to publicly debate the freshman from Georgia."
Some on social media are warning that Greene poses a potential threat to the physical safety of members of Congress, while others blame Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy for not controlling his caucus and doing his job.
Journalist Victoria Brownworth reminds Americans that "Marjorie Taylor Greene ran for office on 'taking out' AOC and the Squad. She posed with a semi-automatic weapon pointed at a photo of AOC and them–all WOC. Greene is a threat to AOC and other WOC in the House. Kevin McCarthy must address this."
This is multiple times that Marjorie Taylor Greene has threatened AOC. Multiple. Times.— Victoria Brownworth (@Victoria Brownworth) 1620882535
Here's how some are responding to Greene's actions:
Marjorie Taylor Greene doesn't realize how ridiculously stupid she sounds when she accuses Rep. Ocasio-Cortez of supporting terrorists. Remind me again, who supported the Jan 6th terrorists?— Amy Lynn \u2721\ufe0f\ud83d\udc1d (@Amy Lynn \u2721\ufe0f\ud83d\udc1d) 1620903430
If anyone behaved like Marjorie Taylor Greene at your office, they wouldn't be at your office the very next day. BUT in Kevin McCarthy's upside down Trump world Congress, letting a moron throw her own shit at people as they walk by is just peachy.— Mr. Newberger (@Mr. Newberger) 1620902332
It feels like it\u2019s only a matter of time before Marjorie Taylor-Greene assaults someone on the Hill and then, what, we get a tearful non-apology about how she\u2019s stressed or anxious or something? \n\nExpel her from the House. Enough is enough.— Charlotte Clymer \ud83c\udff3\ufe0f\u200d\ud83c\udf08 (@Charlotte Clymer \ud83c\udff3\ufe0f\u200d\ud83c\udf08) 1620902661
A reminder that Marjorie Taylor Greene is a QAnon conspiracist nut job! The GQP mainstreamed and emboldened this crazy person, who lacks the decorum to be anywhere near our Congress.https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/greene-ocasio-cortez/2021/05/12/fd61d664-b37e-11eb-a3b5-f994536fe84a_story.html\u00a0\u2026— Amy Siskind \ud83c\udff3\ufe0f\u200d\ud83c\udf08 (@Amy Siskind \ud83c\udff3\ufe0f\u200d\ud83c\udf08) 1620905507
QAnon Marjorie Taylor Greene aggressively confronting Rep. Ocasio-Cortez for supporting BLM and calling them terrorists...Has MTG met her party or herself? Did she forget WHO played a role in the Insurrection? AOC it's time you file a restraining order.....— \ud83d\udda4\ud83e\udd8bRowan Moon\ud83e\udd8b\ud83d\udda4 (@\ud83d\udda4\ud83e\udd8bRowan Moon\ud83e\udd8b\ud83d\udda4) 1620902568
AOC ignored Marjorie Taylor Greene\u2019s incessant Twitter pleas for a public \u2018head to head\u2019\n\nMargorie is so desperate for Rep. Ocasio-Cortez to give her some air.\n\nBeing ignored is the biggest damage to someone like her.\n\n #PartyofTheInsanepic.twitter.com/h3CouHfPRj— Hana Perez\ud83c\udf0a (@Hana Perez\ud83c\udf0a) 1620892307
Leave it to the GOP to be more outraged about Liz Cheney telling the truth about a presidential election than Marjorie Taylor Greene inciting violence against her colleagues.— Robert Reich (@Robert Reich) 1620847148
Marjorie Taylor Greene chased Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez yesterday like she was a school shooting victim outside the House chamber screaming things about "terrorists" & "antifa" while AOC ignored her.\n\nCould someone tell Marge that she's just not that into you? GROSS!— Kyla In The Burgh \ud83c\udff3\ufe0f\u200d\ud83c\udf08\ud83c\udff4\u200d\u2620\ufe0f (@Kyla In The Burgh \ud83c\udff3\ufe0f\u200d\ud83c\udf08\ud83c\udff4\u200d\u2620\ufe0f) 1620901388
Let me get this straight, the lady who called for the execution of Speaker Nancy Pelosi called @AOC a terrorist sympathizer?— David Weissman (@David Weissman) 1620909579
- Greene Pipes Up With 'Support Matt Gaetz' As Scandal Swamps ... ›
- Greene Drops Plan For 'America First' Caucus After Backlash ... ›
- After Chauvin Verdict, Greene Stokes Fear Of Black 'Terrorist Threat ... ›
- Greene Objects To FBI 'Targeting' Capitol Rioters - National Memo ›
- Rep. Greene Thinks U.S. Territory Guam Gets Too Much 'Foreign ... ›
- QAnon's Rep. Greene Endorsed 9/11 And School Shooting ... ›
- Destroying Conservatism Will Be Marjorie Taylor Greene's Only ... ›
- Hapless Media Have No Idea How To Cover Deranged Republicans - National Memo ›
- New Video Emerges Of ‘Deeply Unwell’ Greene Harassing AOC And Staff ›
- Greene Claims Capitol Riot Defendants Are ‘Like Political Prisoners’ ›
- Did Greene Violate Federal Law In Her New SuperPAC Ad? - National Memo ›
- Greene And Gaetz Now Claim FBI Instigated Capitol Riot - National Memo ›
- Greene tries to confront AOC, asks why she supports 'terrorists and ... ›
- Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene shouts at AOC outside House, accuses ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Chased AOC Around Congress Screaming ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene confronts Ocasio-Cortez outside House ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Says AOC and Her Have Agreed to Debate ... ›
- AOC ignores Marjorie Taylor Greene's incessant Twitter pleas for a ... ›
- Ocasio-Cortez expresses security concerns after Greene reportedly ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene 'should be arrested': GOP 'bully' blasted for ... ›