Reprinted with permission from American Independent
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) included the U.S. territory of Guam when listing foreign nations that she says are receiving American tax dollars.
Greene made the comments on February 27, the second day of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, in Orlando, Florida, in one of the event's side sessions.
"We believe our hard-earned tax dollars should just go for America. Not for, what? China, Russia, the Middle East, Guam, whatever, wherever," said Greene.
Guam has been a part of the United States since 1899, ceded to the United States by Spain in accordance with the Treaty of Paris that ended the Spanish-American War in 1898.
People born in Guam are U.S. citizens. More than 160,000 Americans live in Guam, and 7,000 members of the American military are stationed at U.S. Naval Base Guam and Andersen Air Force Base on the island.
While citizens of Guam cannot vote in presidential elections, in 2020 Republicans in the territory caucused during the primaries and awarded 9 delegates to Donald Trump, helping him to secure the Republican presidential nomination.
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- Even Republicans Are Growing Frustrated With Rep. Greene's ... ›
- Rep Greene Reinvents Herself As Raving Anti-LGBT Zealot ... ›
- Shocker: Marjorie Taylor Greene Lied About Her QAnon Posting ... ›
- Destroying Conservatism Will Be Marjorie Taylor Greene's Only ... ›
- Rep. Greene ‘Pissing Off’ Republicans, But They Won’t Stop Her - National Memo ›
- Guam National Guard Troops Troll Ignorant Rep. Greene -- With Cookies - National Memo ›
- New Video Shows ‘Close Ally’ Of Rep. Greene Inside Capitol On Jan. 6 - National Memo ›
- Greene Drops Plan For ‘America First’ Caucus After Backlash - National Memo ›
- OPINION: Two Georgians who are too cuckoo even for Congress ›
- Twitter locks account of Republican who promoted QAnon | Nation ... ›
- Wondering who's crazier: Marjorie Taylor Greene or her Georgia ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene's Controversies Are Piling Up. Republicans ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene: Most House Republicans silent over violent ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene indicated support for executing prominent ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene removed from House committee ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene: US House votes to strip Republican of key ... ›
- Greene thinks US territory of Guam is a foreign country that doesn't ... ›