Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Before Donald Trump's presidency, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' Infowars was considered a fringe outlet in right-wing media circles; even former Fox News pundit Bill O'Reilly dismissed Jones as a buffoon. But the Trump White House treated Infowars like a serious news organization, and according to Free Speech TV, Jones "is now claiming that he coordinated with the Trump White House on the events of January 6."
Free Speech TV, in a page for David Pakman's show, explains, "The Infowars host made the claim last week that he even put up $500,000 of his own money to make it happen. Jones said, 'The White House told me three days before: We're going to have you lead the march.' He went on to say that 30 minutes before the end of Trump's speech at the Rotunda, the Secret Service planned to take Jones out of the crowd to the spot where the march was supposed to begin. He went on to say, 'Trump will tell people: Go, and I'm going to meet you at the Capitol.' Jones' statements are basically a full-on admission about his involvement in the riots, although he can always hide behind saying he did not intend for the rally to get violent."
Pakman, however, stressed that Jones has a long history of lying.
This week on his show, Pakman explained, "Bear in mind: Alex Jones lies all the time. He may be lying here, but he may not be. And even if a fraction of this is true, it's a whole new level of insanity related to those riots…. If Alex Jones is to be believed, he got his marching orders from the Trump White House about the January 6 riots. But understand that if one iota of this is true, the White House helped coordinate the January 6 insurrection with extremist conspiracy theorists."
Nonetheless, Pakman went on to say, "Alex Jones is a serial liar. And when he's been put into legal hot water in the past for things he said, his lawyers run in — and they say, 'He's merely an entertainer. He's playing a character on his program. The things he says on his program aren't meant to be taken literally or seriously. He's sort of like a performer.'"
Watch the video below:
SHOCK: Alex Jones Says He Coordinated Riots with Trump White Housewww.youtube.com
- Boastful Jailhouse Letter Reveals Jan. 6 Rioter's Radicalization ... ›
- Alex Jones Launches Assault On Vaccine Research - National Memo ›
- Alex Jones Declares War On Steve Bannon - National Memo ›
- How Conspiracist Kook Alex Jones Went Mainstream - National Memo ›
- Alex Jones Reappears On Facebook Despite Ban - National Memo ›
- Alex Jones Claims Government Is Listening To His Chats With Tucker Carlson - National Memo ›
- Capitol Riot Charges Against Infowars Host May Implicate Alex Jones - National Memo ›
- Jan. 6 Rally Funded by Top Trump Donor, Helped by Alex Jones ... ›
- Alex Jones Incited the Capitol Riot on Facebook Even Though He ... ›
- Alex Jones says he paid $500,000 for rally that led to Capitol riot ... ›
- Infowars' Alex Jones Cashes In Selling Dietary Supplements On ... ›
- U.S. investigating possible ties between Roger Stone, Alex Jones ... ›
- Alex Jones and Publix heir Julie Jenkins Fancelli helped fund ... ›
- Infowars Staffer Arrested in Connection With U.S. Capitol Riot - Variety ›
- Alex Jones claims he paid for rally that preceded Capitol riot ›
- What Alex Jones Said in the Lead Up to the Capitol Riot ›
- Feds investigating Roger Stone, Alex Jones over roles in Capitol riot ›