VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Like Being Told What To Do,’ Says Dying Anti-Vaxxer
Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Although the COVID-19 Delta variant is potentially deadly all over the United States, the areas that are being hit especially hard tend to be Republican-leaning areas with low vaccination rates — areas like the one that New York Times reporter Alexander Stockton examines in a video that has been posted on YouTube.
The Ozarks, Stockton notes in the video, has some of the United States' lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates as well as what the reporter describes as "one of the worst COVID case rates in the country."
"I wanted to find out why residents here aren't getting vaccinated," Stockton explains.
The video shows Ozark residents expressing anti-vaxxer views as well as unvaccinated patients who have been hospitalized with COVID-19. One of them, 53-year-old Christopher Green, is "fighting for his life," Stockton notes. And Green is hardly unique in that regard.
"Like 90 percent of the patients in this packed hospital, he's unvaccinated," Stockton reports.
Asked why he refused to be vaccinated for COVID-19, Green — obviously struggling to breathe — told Stockton, "I'm more of a libertarian, and I don't like being told what I have to do." Green died nine days after the interview, at age 53, the video explained.
The COVID-19 vaccinate rate is so low in Mountain Home, Arkansas, Stockton reports, that at a local hospital — Baxter Regional Medical Center — only half of the staff has been vaccinated.
A nurse working in that hospital, interviewed by Stockton, laments, "There are just a lot of people that you cannot convince to get vaccinated: patients, employees. It's very frustrating."
Watch the video below:
Dying in the Name of Vaccine Freedom | NYT Opinionwww.youtube.com
- #EndorseThis: Watch Former Anti-Vaxxers Who Survived COVID ... ›
- Vaccine Doses Pile Up In Red States As Republicans Reject ... ›
- Vaccination Rates Rising Again, But Disinformation Still Kills ... ›
- Anti-Vaxxer Faces Felony Charges For Deranged Threats Against ... ›
- New Anti-Vax Disinformation Video Got 30 Million Views On Social ... ›
- In Hotspot Missouri, Infected GOP Legislators Still Oppose Vaccination ›
- New Virus Variants Could Kill Thousands In Red States - National ... ›
- LISTEN: Sen. Johnson Says 'Try A Bunch' Of Debunked COVID 'Treatments' ›
- Jim Jordan Gets A History Lesson On Vaccine Mandates ›
- FBI Probing Vermont State Troopers In Fake Vaccine Card Scheme - National Memo ›
- ‘We’re ALIVE!’ Anti-Vax YouTube Couple Dead After Posting Boastful Video ›
- ‘Keep Lining Up Body Bags’: GOP Governor Warns On Vaccine Refusal ›
- Why Modern Americans Are Behaving Like Medieval Peasants - National Memo ›
- Some people in Missouri are getting vaccinated in secret to avoid ... ›
- Springfield, Missouri confronts delta variant because of low ... ›
- “No, We Didn't Get the Vaccine… We're Republicans.” - The Bulwark ›
- Anti-vaxxers are getting the COVID vaccine “in disguise” so their ... ›
- Anti-vaccine movie showing in Ozark; doctors warn it sends ... ›
- The Anti-Vaxxers in Missouri Are So Deranged That People Are ... ›
- Missouri anti-vaxxers donning disguises to get jabbed: doctor - New ... ›
- The Atlantic The Anti-vaccine Con Job Is Becoming Untenable ›
- 'What's Covid?' Why People at America's Hardest-Partying Lake Are ... ›