Reprinted with permission from Media Matters
Fox Corp. CEO Lachlan Murdoch is defending Tucker Carlson's April 8 segment promoting the white supremacist "replacement" conspiracy theory after the Anti-Defamation League's chief executive, Jonathan Greenblatt, called for Carlson to be fired.
Over the weekend, Greenblatt appeared on CNN to explain how the Murdochs, Fox's board, and its advertisers enable Carlson to push white nationalist conspiracy theories on Fox News' prime time.
According to CNN, Murdoch "dismissed the Anti-Defamation League's demand that the company fire host Tucker Carlson, telling the organization in a letter that his company saw no problem with comments Carlson made about the racist 'great replacement' theory."
"Fox Corporation shares your values and abhors anti-semitism, white supremacy and racism of any kind," Murdoch wrote ADL chief executive Jonathan Greenblatt on Sunday. "In fact, I remember fondly the ADL honoring my father with your International Leadership Award, and we continue to support your mission.
"Concerning the segment of 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' on April 8th, however, we respectfully disagree," Murdoch continued in the letter, which the ADL provided CNN. "A full review of the guest interview indicates that Mr. Carlson decried and rejected replacement theory. As Mr. Carlson himself stated during the guest interview: 'White replacement theory? No, no, this is a voting rights question.'"
Murdoch is joined in defending Carlson by the Fox host's fan base -- a chorus of enthusiastic young white supremacists online.
- Neo-Nazis Idolize Fox News' Tucker Carlson - National Memo ›
- 'Tucker Must Go': Carlson Endorses Neo-Nazi Conspiracy Theory ... ›
- White Nationalist Facing Election Indictment — And Carlson ... ›
- Fox Features White Nationalist Miller As Immigration 'Expert ... ›
- #EndorseThis: Tooning Out Rebukes Carlson For A Nasty Case Of ... ›
- Fox News Promotes White Nationalism With Murdoch Backing ... ›
- White Nationalists Gloating As Murdochs Back Carlson’s Anti-Immigrant Rant - National Memo ›
- #EndorseThis: Jimmy Kimmel Roasts Tucker Carlson Crispy For His 'Villain' Laugh - National Memo ›
- #EndorseThis: Joy Reid Torches Tucker Carlson After 'Race Lady' Insults - National Memo ›
- How Australia Is Trying To Cure Its Murdoch Cancer ›
- Tucker Carlson’s Big Vaccine Lie Could Kill Thousands ›
- Fox Stands Behind Tucker Carlson After Carlson Defends White ... ›
- Tucker Carlson Doubles Down On White Supremacist Rant After ... ›
- Fox News star Tucker Carlson's 'great replacement' segment used a ... ›
- Tucker Carlson faces calls to resign after promoting white ... ›
- Daily Show Compares Tucker Carlson with White Supremacist ... ›
- Tucker Carlson doubles down on voter comments after Fox's support ›
- Tucker Carlson Defends the Racist “White Replacement Theory ... ›
- Tucker Carlson Endorses White Supremacist 'Replacement ... ›
- ADL: Fox should fire Carlson for white-supremacist rhetoric ›
- Tucker Carlson Endorses White Supremacist Theory by Name ›