Reprinted with permission from Daily Kos
President Joe Biden's approval ratings are soaring on what remains the top issue for a plurality of Americans, according to a new ABC News/Ipsos poll. The survey found 72 percent of Americans approve of Biden's handling of the coronavirus pandemic, a four-point improvement from earlier this month before Democrats passed the $1.9 trillion rescue plan. Just 28 percent of respondents said they disapproved of Biden's pandemic handling—an astoundingly low level of opposition in these polarized times.
Biden also gets fully 75 percent approval on distribution of the COVID-19 vaccines. As ABC News notes, about 35 percent of adults nationally have gotten at least one dose of the vaccine and, last week, Biden pledged to administer 200 million doses within his first 100 days, doubling his original goal at the outset of his presidency. Even a majority of Republicans, 53 percent, now approve of how Biden is handling vaccine distribution.
Biden's high marks on the pandemic also appear to be translating to high marks on the economic recovery as well, with 60% of respondents approving of it. Between the pandemic and the economic recovery, Biden is earning strong support among both Democrats and Independents. Here's the breakdown:
JOE BIDEN APPROVAL RATINGS ON PANDEMIC, ECONOMY
|PANDEMIC HANDLING||VACCINE DISTRIBUTION||ECONOMIC RESPONSE|
Where Biden is underwater at the moment is on his handling of gun violence (42 percent approve, 57 percent disapprove) and the surge of migrant children at the border (41 percent approve, 57 percent disapprove).
But in terms of the issues that remain most important for most Americans at present—the pandemic and the economy—President Biden is meeting the moment. Biden and his White House will now pivot to passing a massive infrastructure bill that could revolutionize the country's economy for the 21st century.
- Poll: Voters Credit Democrats, Not Republicans, On Rescue Plan ... ›
- New Polls: Biden's Approval Roaring As GOP Numbers Plunge ... ›
- Poll: Americans Blame Republicans, Not Biden, For Partisan Divide ... ›
- New Poll: Biden Approval Rating High With Split By Gender, Race ... ›
- The GOP Has No Vision, Weak Leadership, And Terrible Poll Ratings - National Memo ›
- Trump Predicted Slump Under Biden — But Markets And Jobs Are Surging - National Memo ›
- New Poll: Biden Jobs Plan Favored By 73 Percent Of Voters - National Memo ›
- Texas Republican’s Complaint: Biden Doesn’t Tweet Enough - National Memo ›
- Fed Chair Predicts Imminent Boom, Credits Biden - National Memo ›
- 3. Why You Should Still Pay Attention To Joe Biden's Approval Rating ›
- New poll shows how Biden's approval ratings compare to Trump ... ›
- How Popular Is Joe Biden? | FiveThirtyEight ›
- President Biden's Approval Rating and the Latest Poll Numbers ... ›
- Biden's secret to popularity: Do popular things on important issues ... ›
- Biden's Approval Rating Is Trump's in Reverse - The New York Times ›
- Biden Viewed Positively on Many Issues, but Public Is Less ... ›
- Biden approval rating on COVID-19 reaches 72 percent: poll | TheHill ›