In the new season's funniest cold open so far, Saturday Night Live spoofs the "dueling town halls" that replaced the second Donald Trump – Joe Biden debate. As you may recall, the lineup was George Stephanopoulos (Mikey Day) hosting Biden (Jim Carrey) on ABC versus Savannah Guthrie (Kate McKinnon) hosting Trump (Alec Baldwin) on the NBC networks, with voter questions, too. The sketch shifts back and forth, like a bemused viewer changing channels.
While Stephanopoulos admits he's "going for a boring college lecture vibe," NBC's "surprise badass" Guthrie opens with a blunt warning to Trump: "We have lots of voters waiting to ask questions, but I'd like to start by tearing you a new one." And she does, repeatedly, just like in real life.
Events swiftly proceed downhill, until toward the end Kamala Harris (Maya Rudolph) shows up to try to restore order. And yes, Biden dons a cardigan, just like Mister Rogers.
It's hilarious. So if you missed it, don't.
- SNL Cold Open: Trump's Newest Adviser Is 'Stable Genius' Kanye ... ›
- SNL Cold Open: Bill Murray IS Steve Bannon On 'Morning Joe ... ›
- SNL Cold Open Spoofs The Trump Rally From Hell - National Memo ›
- #EndorseThis: SNL Introduces New Biden In Hilarious Mike Pence Open - National Memo ›
- Copy of #EndorseThis: 'SNL' Introduces A New Biden In Hilarious Mike Pence Skit - National Memo ›