Trying to find anything remotely redeemable about Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) is like trying to find a needle in a haystack; it's an utter waste of time and you will probably go insane in the process.
The Supreme Court nominating process was reduced to a back alley sideshow by the likes of Republicans, particularly Ted Cruz, as each and every one of them took a turn at being the biggest partisan hack and pander to Trump's rabidly ignorant base.
Late night comedy host Jimmy Kimmel has been poking fun at Ted Cruz and Republicans all week, including a lot of low-key racism on their parts. But with hearings ending this week and Judge Jackson ready to become the next member of the Supreme Court, Kimmel took one last opportunity to nail Cruz.
"Today marked the final day of the Supreme Court hearings for Ketanji Brown Jackson," and "Ted Cruz, he even out-slimed himself this week," Kimmel said. Cruz's false attacks on the children's book Antiracist Baby shot it to No. 1 on Amazon, and "if you were wondering what Ted Cruz was really focused on during the hearing, somebody got a shot of him on his phone yesterday searching for his own name on Twitter. How embarrassing. And can you imagine being Ted Cruz and still wanting to know what people were saying about you online?" But Cruz wasn't alone, and Kimmel doled out "Awful People's Choice Awards" to some of Cruz's Judiciary Committee colleagues. Cruz himself got the "Outstanding Supporting Actress" nod.
Watch The Entire Segment Below:
- #EndorseThis: Jimmy Kimmel Reminds Everyone How Dumb Peter ... ›
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Shred Trump On Continued Love For Putin ... ›
- Opposition To 'Don't Say Gay' Has Ted Cruz Making Weird Porn - National Memo ›
- Jimmy Kimmel: 'Almost Unfathomable This Moron Was Running The Country' - National Memo ›
- Rips Ted Cruz For This Stupid Solution to School Shootings - National Memo ›
- Kimmel's Solution To GOP Action On Guns is Sad But True - National Memo ›
- RuPaul Roasts Ted Cruz On Marriage Equality - National Memo ›
- Endorse This! Jon Stewart Isn't Done Owning Ted Cruz - National Memo ›