Margie Whines Her Life In Congress Is 'Miserable' -- And Costs Too Much
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) lamented her life as a lawmaker in a recent episode of a podcast.
"The nature of this job – it keeps members of congress and senators in Washington so much of the time, too much of the time to be honest with you, that we don't get to go home and spend more time with our families, our friends, you know, all in our district, or maybe just be regular people because this job is so demanding, and it's turned into practically year-round," Greene said. "And for those of us in the House of Representatives, we have to run for Congress every two years. So you're practically campaigning nearly the entire time that you're here serving as a representative. So that's just a couple of examples that I can give you that I believe is a recipe for disaster, and that's how people just fall into this social club. I would call it a social club here in Washington, DC."
Greene successfully ran for a second term in November 2022 and is reportedly yearning for the vice presidency in 2024.
"Now, for me, I have no interest in that. I really don't. And I'll tell you why," she continued. "Becoming a member of Congress has made my life miserable. I made a lot more money before I got here. I've lost money since I've gotten here. I have people come up to me and say crazy things to me out of the blue in public places that they believe because they read it on the Internet or saw it on some news show about me. So it's not a life that I think is, like, something that I enjoy because I don't enjoy it. But I'm committed to this job because I believe in it."
Watch below or at this link.
\u201cMarjorie Taylor Greene: \u201cBecoming a member of Congress has made my life miserable. I made a lot more money before I got here. I\u2019ve lost money since I\u2019ve gotten here. \u2026It\u2019s not a life that I think is like something that I enjoy because I don\u2019t enjoy it.\u201d\u201d— PatriotTakes \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8 (@PatriotTakes \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8) 1675451433
Reprinted with permission from Alternet.
- Boebert Roasts Greene Over 'Nasty' Altercation In Capitol Hill Ladies Room ›
- Far-Right House Republicans Vote To Kill Child Sex Abuse Protection Act ›
- GOP Congressman Claims Conspiracy Monger Greene Has 'Matured' ›
- Margie's Committee Debut Goes Badly With Wacky Claims On School Funding ›
- Violence-Prone Capitol Rioter Harassed Omar And Tlaib With Greene In 2019 ›
- The GOP Normalizes Margie, A Disordered And Poisonous Personality ›
- Greene Threw 'Screaming And Cursing' Tantrum In China Balloon Briefing - National Memo ›
- New Poll Shows Most Republicans Support "Christian Nationalism" - National Memo ›
- I Can't Bring Myself To Type The Name Of The Subject Of This Column - National Memo ›
- Margie Greene Makes Me Laugh -- Even Though She's A Very Bad Joke - National Memo ›
- Surprise! Margie's Press Flack Is No Saner Than His Boss - National Memo ›
- Now Margie Says Towns And Cities Should Be Allowed To 'Secede' From State or County - National Memo ›