Trump's Neo-Nazi 'Nightmare' Driving GOP Support For DeSantis Run
A longtime adviser to former Donald Trump warned his pre-Thanksgiving Mar-a-Lago dinner with Ye, the rapper formerly known as Kanye West, and white supremacist Nick Fuentes will be “another reason why” people look at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis “to run against” the former president in 2024, NBC News reports.
Trump on Friday denied knowing who Fuentes is, claiming Ye “called me to have dinner” and “unexpectedly showed up with three of his friends, who I knew nothing about.” Three sources who spoke with NBC News corroborated Trump’s assertion “that he didn’t know Fuentes,” but pointed out “one glaring inaccuracy in Trump’s statement,” NBC News’ Marc Caputo reports.
“All three sources familiar with the dinner told NBC News there was one glaring inaccuracy in Trump’s statement: Trump knew one of the three ‘friends’ brought by the rapper, Karen Giorno. She was the Trump campaign's Florida director in 2016 and the former president knows her by name and sight, the sources said. In addition to Giorno and Fuentes, Ye also brought along another man who was an associate, according to the sources.”
For one of Trump’s advisers, who asked to remain anonymous, “this is a f-cking nightmare,” Caputo reports. "If people are looking at [Florida Gov. Ron] DeSantis to run against Trump, here's another reason why.”
“The source familiar with the dinner conversation said the dinner grew heated after Ye — who announced another run for president in 2024 on Thursday — asked Trump to be his running mate. Trump then began insulting Ye’s ex-wife, Kim Kardashian, according to the source and a video that Ye posted to Twitter on Thanksgiving Day recounting the dinner.”
One source said Trump told Ye, “You’re not going to win. You can’t beat me."
Fuentes is advising Ye on his presidential run, NBC News reports. Far-right personality Milo Yiannopoulos will manage his campaign.
According to the Twitter video Ye posted, “Trump is really impressed with Nick Fuentes.”
“Nick Fuentes, unlike so many of the lawyers, and so many of the people that he was left with on his 2020 campaign, he’s actually a loyalist,” Ye said in the “Mar-a-Lago debrief” video.
“Nick, you work for the guy, and just because you work for him, you’re going to tell him he can beat me?” Trump asked Fuentes, according to an NBC News source. “You just got finished telling me I was the best president ever.”
Read the full report at NBC News.
Reprinted with permission from Alternet.
- Marge Greene Paid Neo-Nazi Website Gab For 'Fundraising' Last August ›
- Trump: 'I Knew Nothing' About Neo-Nazi He Hosted At Dinner With Kanye ›
- Arkansas Governor Condemns Trump Meeting With Neo-Nazi Fuentes - National Memo ›
- Why Fox News Went Nearly Silent On Trump's Embrace Of Neo-Nazis - National Memo ›
- The Nazi Rot In The Republican Party Goes Much Deeper Than Trump - National Memo ›
- 'Potentially Illegal': DeSantis Aide Hid Sweetheart Deal On Migrant Flights - National Memo ›
- America's Sorest Loser Mulls Third-Party Run To Sink Republicans In 2024 - National Memo ›
- Lackluster Trump Campaign Floats Possible Running Mates - National Memo ›
- Invited To DeSantis Inaugural Ball: Far-Right Weirdos, Hatemongers And A Felon - National Memo ›
- Instagram Permits Nick Fuentes' 'Groypers' To Promote Neo-Nazism - National Memo ›
- Trump Accuses DeSantis Of 'Trying To Rewrite History' On Pandemic Response - National Memo ›
- Poll: Trump Third-Party Campaign Could Cripple GOP In 2024 - National Memo ›
- Secret DeSantis Bid To Ban Firearms At Party Enrages Gun Lobby - National Memo ›
- New Report: Far Right Perpetrated All Extremism-Related Killings In 2022 - National Memo ›
- Violating Fox 'Ethics' Policy, Ingraham Joined DeSantis Donor Event - National Memo ›
- 'He's A Tyrant!' Ejected From DeSantis Book Event, Trumpers Fume (VIDEO) - National Memo ›
- Donald Trump Has A Nasty New Nickname Waiting For Ron DeSantis - National Memo ›
- Trump Allies Blasting DeSantis Over Remarks On 'Porn Star Hush Money' - National Memo ›
- New Poll: DeSantis Fading In GOP Primary As Trump Gains - National Memo ›
- Roger Stone Warns Trump Will Beat 'Cold Fish' DeSantis 'Like A Drum' (VIDEO) - National Memo ›
- With Extradition Statement, DeSantis Grovels Like A Trump Cultist - National Memo ›
- Feds Probed Neo-Nazis Fuentes And Gionet But Never Charged Them - National Memo ›
- Justice Thomas' Billionaire Pal Displays Trove Of Nazi Memorabilia - National Memo ›
- Texas Mall Shooter Wore Neo-Nazi Regalia And Shared Racist Content Online - National Memo ›
- Right-Wing Media Reject Clear Evidence That Mall Shooter Was Neo-Nazi - National Memo ›
- 'I Call Them Americans': Alabama Senator Defends White Nationalists In Military - National Memo ›
- Biden says a Trump-DeSantis GOP primary in 2024 would be 'fun' to ... ›
- White House, some Republicans pan Trump for hosting Holocaust ... ›
- Ron DeSantis' 2018 Rival Seeks Hearing After Trump Says He ... ›
- GOP candidate for Fla. governor spoke at racially charged events ... ›
- DeSantis Takes Massive Lead over Trump in 2024 Florida GOP ... ›
- Letter to the Editor Why the left hates America and Trump ›
- Ron DeSantis: The Making and Remaking (and Remaking) of a ... ›
- Think Trump's first term was a nightmare? Wake up — if he wins ... ›
- Does Hungary Offer a Glimpse of Our Authoritarian Future? | The ... ›