Who Is 'Kitara Ravache'? Ask Drag Queen George Santos
Rep. George Santos (R-NY), also known as Anthony Devolder, or George Anthony Devolder Santos, or Anthony Zabrovsky, may have one more name: Kitara Ravache.
Journalist Marisa Kabas, an opinion columnist for MSNBC, has the scoop.
“Eula Rochard, a Brazilian drag queen who was friends with George Santos when he lived near Rio,” she writes, referring to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, “said everyone knew him as Anthony (*never* George), or by his drag name, Kitara, and confirms this photo is from a 2008 drag show at Icaraí Beach.”
\u201cNEW: I just spoke by phone with Eula Rochard, a Brazilian drag queen who was friends with George Santos when he lived near Rio. She said everyone knew him as Anthony (*never* George), or by his drag name, Kitara, and confirms this photo is from a 2008 drag show at Icara\u00ed Beach.\u201d— Marisa Kabas (@Marisa Kabas) 1674073745
“Eula saw a story about Santos on Brazilian news and was sure was it was him. She shared the news with a group of friends and everyone doubted her. So she looked for an old picture to confirm, and she decided to post it to social media to prove to her friends that she was right,” Kabas says.
In her Substack newsletter Kabas has begun a feature called “The Daily Santos,” where she tracks the latest revelations about the serial liar.
“The important context here is that Santos ran as a far-right candidate, and continues to align himself with transphobes/homophobes who target drag shows with violence,” she says, explaining why this latest development is significant. “Drag is beautiful. Hypocrisy and anti-drag/anti-trans bigotry are not.”
The Republican Party has devolved into a massive anti-LGBTQ and especially an anti-transgender and anti-drag queen activist group. They falsely paint LGBTQ people, and especially transgender people and drag queens as “groomers” who want to sexually assault children. Right wing activists including the Proud Boys protest at drag queen story hours across the country and force school boards and libraries to ban books with LGBTQ themes.
Santos has closely aligned himself with some of that party’s most virulent anti-LGBTQ activists, including Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), and Lauren Boebert (R-CO).
“I conducted my interview with Eula along with a translator—a friend of mine from Brazil—so the responses I’m sharing are English translations from Portuguese,” Kabas notes. “Eula says she met Santos when he was 16 or 17 years old and became friends because they were both gay and enjoyed drag.”
NCRM has not confirmed that Santos was a drag performer.
Eula Rochard posted the photo to her Facebook page, writing (translated by Facebook), “Me with the American Republican congressman who didn’t leave my house who said I was a liar bite your tongue.”
Bruna Benevides, whose has been described as a Brazilian LGBTIQ+ activist and the first trans woman active in the Brazilian navy, on January 1, tweeted to The New York Times to ask Santos “about ‘Kitara Ravache’. His name in drag and peagent Queen.”
Last month she made the same suggestion to Ana Navarro-Cárdenas.
As for the “Anthony Zabrovsky” name, The Daily Beast reports former Santos acquaintance Gregory Morey-Parker, “who’d previously described Santos’ ‘delusions of grandeur’ to CNN, told Anderson Cooper on Tuesday evening that he knew the New York representative as Anthony Devolder when the two lived together for a few months. He then revealed that besides Devolder, a name Santos had used elsewhere, the newly minted GOP lawmaker would also refer to himself as Anthony Zabrovsky.”
A former roommate, The Daily Beast adds, says that “according to Santos, ‘the Jews will give more if you’re a Jew.'”
Reprinted with permission from Alternet.
- GOP Calls Santos Lies An 'Internal' Issue But Democrats File Ethics Complaint ›
- Republican Operatives Knew About Santos Fakery Long Before Election Day ›
- Poll: Majority Of Santos' Long Island Constituents Want Him To Resign ›
- What Those Diligent Reporters Dug Up About Shapeshifting George Santos ›
- House GOP Erases Santos From Its Campaign Website - National Memo ›
- Danziger Draws - National Memo ›
- Santos Still Hiding Source Of $625K He Didn't Loan To His Campaign - National Memo ›
- New Report Reveals Santos Role In Multi-Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme - National Memo ›
- Santos Drops Committees, But Defies Demands For His Resignation - National Memo ›
- Why Experts Believe George Santos Probably Has A 'Personality Disorder' - National Memo ›
- Former Attorney Says Santos Wrote $15K In Bad Checks On 'Pet Charity' - National Memo ›
- Santos Was Caught On Tape Lying To Seattle Judge In 2017 Criminal Case - National Memo ›
- Santos Torched For Demanding Federal Authorities 'Investigate The Bidens' - National Memo ›
- Now Santos Campaign Bookkeeper Probed For 'Outright Fraud' - National Memo ›
- Justice Department Indicts George Santos Under Seal - National Memo ›
- GOP Leaders Protect Indicted Santos Despite Bipartisan Demands For Ouster (VIDEO) - National Memo ›
- Judge Orders Disclosure Of Wealthy Benefactors Who Posted $500K Santos Bond - National Memo ›
- Ethics Panel Reopens Gaetz Teen Sex Probe As Freedom Caucus Rebels - National Memo ›
- McCarthy Still Protecting Santos As Democrats Prepare Censure Resolution - National Memo ›
- House Ethics Probe Of Santos Nearly Complete As Expulsion Looms - National Memo ›
- Santos Says He Will Run For Re-Election As 'The Most Conservative' - National Memo ›
- Danziger Draws - National Memo ›